Bioidentical hormone therapy, a natural hormone replacement therapy which uses the same hormones that are produced in the human body, is a safe effective treatment for fatigue, weight gain, depression and many other conditions associated with hormone deficiencies.
One of the hallmarks of aging is a decline in hormone levels. Production of estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, thyroid, DHEA, melatonin, human growth hormone and other hormones tapers off after we reach our 20s and 30s. And many experts agree that age-related hormone deficiencies contribute to the signs and symptoms of aging.
How Does Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy Work?
Bioidentical hormones help restore your hormone levels to what they were in your prime, so you regain your health and vitality. They are a safe, natural alternative to conventional hormone replacement therapy that many doctors prescribe to their patients—such as women who are going through menopause.
What Does Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Entail?
After a salvia test to diagnose any hormonal deficiencies, you receive an individualized natural hormone replacement therapy program that could include one or more of several bioidentical hormones, including estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, melatonin, DHEA and adrenal hormones.
There are several ways to treat hormone deficiencies. As each patient is very individual we may have to change or combine therapies over time to find the best option.
- Bio-Identical hormone creams
- Testosterone injectables
- Troches – ( similar to a hard candy)
- Herbal Supplements
Bio-Identical Hormone Creams and troches are made based on the individual’s labs and symptoms by a compounding pharmacy. There are several very good compounding pharmacies in the Treasure Valley. Our favorite is MedSync Pharmacy as they have provided our patients with an amazing service and products. Plus they are also committed to providing an affordable product making therapy accessible to all. They will also mail or delivery right to your door if you’re not in their neck of the woods. Check out their website. MedSync Pharmacy
Bioidentical Pellet Therapy
Why should you consider the use of hormone pellets? Hormone pellets (BHRT) are simple, safe and effective. Understanding how the body utilizes the hormones estrogen and testosterone will help you understand how pellet therapy works. When the human body is under mental or physical stress it requires higher levels of estrogen and testosterone to function at it’s best. Pellets, unlike other methods, allow your body to engage the hormones, estrogen and testosterone as they are needed. As an example, when you are stressed your heart rate will rise and cause your blood flow to increase. As the increased blood flows over the pellets, your body’s built-in regulation system will search for just the right amount of hormones and release the hormones into the bloodstream. Similarly, when the body is exercised, a thermal release from the muscles will cause the body to search for the necessary hormones to function properly. For your body to work optimally 24 hours a day, it requires consistent blood levels of estrogen and testosterone. All other forms of hormone delivery (pills, patches, creams,gels, sublingual tablets and self-injections) fall in second place to pellet therapy because they can’t offer consistent blood levels of estrogen and testosterone. To be effective these other delivery methods are often given in higher doses twice a day causing peaks and valleys. There are many studies that have shown pellet therapy to be superior to these other hormone delivery methods.
- Pellets offer estrogen and/or testosterone hormones identical to those your body used to make in abundance in your youth.
- Pellet therapy is the superior method of hormone delivery because pellets work automatically with your body. The hormones are secreted in small amounts throughout the day. When the body requires more hormones due to mental or physical stress, the pellets are always available 24 hours a day in the correct amount for the body to use. No other delivery method can offer this consistency of hormones released into the bloodstream.
- Pellet therapy is safer and more effective than other methods because the lowest dose can be administered with better results. For other methods to be effective, they often require higher doses of medicine to be administered two times a day.
- Pellets are a hassle free and convenient form of hormone replacement. Once hormone pellets are inserted, you don’t have to be concerned with remembering to take your pills or rubbing on your cream twice a day.
- Pellets are the most effective form of hormone replacement because they help bring the body back to a physiological state of their 30’s!
For both men and women:
- Pellets successfully increase your libido – sex drive
- Pellets accelerate fat burning offering greater capacity for weight loss
- Pellets replenish your energy giving you more strength throughout the day
- Pellets increase your mental clarity and focus
- Pellets increase the skin’s elasticity
- Pellets guard bones from osteoporosis and encourage bone growth
- Pellets improve blood flow
- Pellets reduce sleep disturbances
- Pellets reduce the risk of heart disease
- Pellets reduce mood swings and irritability
- Pellets help reduce depression
- Pellets enhance your overall quality of life
Additionally for Women:
- Pellets help eliminate or reduce hot flashes
- Pellets reduce night sweats and insomnia
- Pellets prevent vaginal thinning and dryness
- Protects against fibrocystic breast
Additionally for Men:
- Pellets help reduce male breast enlargement
- Pellets helps with erectile dysfunction